A common question we receive after finishing a website is: Now what? How do I best use this tool?
Seek no further.
All of the below tactics assume you have a website with the following ticks:
Yes, our handyman websites tick all these boxes and then some
1. Your Website Is a lead funnel
First, and most important, your website is a place to send EVERY lead you get. Why EVERY lead? (Phone call, Facebook, Yelp, etc.)
Because your website’s primary purpose is to convert visitors into leads. If setup correctly, it will have everything a potential customer needs to make a purchase decision – i.e. should I hire this business?
Sending every lead to your website yields many benefits for you and your handyman business.
- Saves you time by not having to answer your phone and messages throughout the day
- Gives you peace of mind knowing your website has everything it needs for a potential customer to decide if they want to hire you, and gives them a place to request an estimate
- Starts developing a relationship with potential customers by showing prior work, a live Facebook Feed, photo of yourself and/or family, and a short bio of your business
2. Link Your Website In all social media posts
As the title plainly states, link your website in ALL social posts with a Call-To-Action.
This will drive website traffic, which will ultimately increase your leads and develop SEO value so your website ranks higher in search engines.
Here’s a couple recent examples of solid Facebook posts from some of our handymen:
Tip: try to sprinkle in some “selfie” style photos into your posts. This helps to establish trust with your audience. People love to see the real people that are behind the business!
3. Showcase experience & develop trust
Your website is equipped with features and components that showcase your expertise and develop trust with potential customers.
Your project gallery and Live Facebook Feed showcases your expertise by:
- Showing visitors what kind of work you do
- Highlighting “key” projects that really stand out (a common example we see vary from light fixture installations, fence repairs, and full remodels or carpentry work)
- Sharing tidbits of knowledge and information on Facebook posts establishes you as an expert and someone that can be relied on
4. grow an email list with the website estimate form
Another way to best leverage your handyman website is to connect your estimate form with an email marketing platform. This allows you to automatically capture emails that can be marketed to at a future time.
As mentioned above, we offer email integration with MailChimp, our preferred email marketing platform. It’s free (for an email list of under 2,000) and easy to use.
5. Link your handyman website in free online directories
A practice known in the marketing world as “Link Building” is a SEO tactic. The more websites linking to your website, the better your website will rank in search engines.
To give you an idea of what I’m talking about, here is a short list of popular online directories:
- Google Business
- Yellow Pages
- Your local Chamber of Commerce
We have a more exhaustive list in our Marketing Guide, as well as a strategy to find Free Online Directories in your area, that you can download at the bottom of this page.